Sponsored by Discover St. Louis Park
St. Louis Park is so close to Minneapolis, the two cities actually share a ZIP code. That proximity though does not necessarily lead to a crazy urban environment. St. Louis Park blends the best parts of Minnesota’s largest city with suburb amenities. Free parking, great shopping and a bustling social scene compliment a variety of experiences and activities perfect for meeting and event groups. We’ve highlighted a few of our favorites here.
1. Shops at West End: Located in the heart of St. Louis Park, this development features more than 50 establishments to shop, eat, work out, play games, see a movie or have a drink. While the high-concentration and walkability make it feel like a city center, amenities like heated indoor parking and ample ramps bring in a nice suburban touch.
2. Libation Locations: St. Louis Park is home to multiple venues where groups can go to sit back and enjoy a beverage at the end of a meeting day. Steel Toe Brewing is the only nonchain brewery in the area and is open for private events Sunday through Wednesday for up to 100 people. Warehouse Winery provides a private winery and event space for 150-200 individuals that features one-of-a-kind artwork and TVs for presentations. Copperwing Distillery offers a cocktail room that seats 45 and offers 10 cocktails that highlight spirits from vodka to light whiskey.
3. Twin Cities Film Festival: Every October, St. Louis Park welcomes the Twin Cities Film Festival where more than 120 films are screened in 11 days. Approximately 15,000 people attend this festival held at the ShowPlace ICON movie theater at The Shops at West End where the movie premieres can also include private events and screenings.
4. Roller Garden: Travel back to the roller skating-loving 1970s and enjoy disco music while rolling under a classic disco ball. 300-400 skaters can fit comfortable inside this throwback venue, which is available for private events seven days a week. Snacks, beverages and cold treats are all available onsite and skates can be rented at the venue.
5. Pavek Museum of Broadcasting: This museum hosts one the of the world’s most significant collections of vintage radio and television equipment, as well as two private event spaces and a boardroom that can fit up to 60 guests for a reception-style event. Group tours are also available for those wanting a more inclusive experience.
6. Wine & Paint Night: For groups wanting to indulge their creative side, St. Louis Park offers three studios where guests can paint the night away. Board & Brush, Pinot’s Palette and Brush Studio are all available for private events and cover anything your group might need from supplies to alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
7. Brookview Golf Course & Lawn Bowling: Explore outside all year round at Brookview, which is more than just a golf course. In the summer guests can enjoy lawn bowling and disc golf in addition to a Par 3 course. During the winter months, Brookview Golf Course & Lawn Bowling offers fat tire biking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and skijouring.
8. Punch Bowl Social: Looking for a place that offers a bar, arcade, bowling alley, karaoke, table games, an outdoor patio, bocce ball, and a full restaurant all under one roof? Look no further than Punch Bowl Social, a place for people to come and be themselves. The full venue offers 24,000 square feet of space with a capacity for 900 guests and can be customized to any groups’ liking.
9. Recreation Outdoor Center: This outdoor facility was just completed in 2017 and can be rented out of private events all year round. It is used as a covered ice rink in the winter months for hockey, open public skating and broomball. In the spring, the center is covered with turf for baseball, softball, soccer and lacrosse. In summer, a dry concrete floor provides the perfect space for parties and movies in the park.
10. Outdoor Fun: St. Louis Park boasts 24 miles of connected trails throughout the city allowing groups to get out of the boardroom and explore the outdoors. Westwood Hills Nature Center is a 160-acre natural area featuring marsh, woods and restored prairie. Wood chipped boardwalks and hard surface trails are open from dawn to dusk giving visitors of all experience levels a chance to view St. Louis Park’s natural beauty.
Sponsored by Discover St. Louis Park
St. Louis Park is a progressive city that is located just west of the Minneapolis. Just minutes from downtown, residents and visitors are allowed to experience the attractions, events and excitement of a major metropolitan area, and still have the small town feel. Located less than five miles from downtown Minneapolis and only 15 miles from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport, it offers a central location that is comfortable and convenient. Home to unique culinary, historic treasures, diverse retail destinations, a multitude of city parks, golf courses and trails with a friendly Midwestern attitude. We offer the exhilaration of a metropolitan area with a flavor all its own.