Fall in Minnesota means a lot of things. There’s football, the looming onset of winter and also, seasonal beer. I recently attended Autumn Brewhaha, an event at the Uptown Cafeteria, and was able to sample the seasonal craft beers of eight local breweries. As a Wisconsin native, I got the chance to not only expand my knowledge of Minnesota beer, but also my knowledge of the breweries themselves.
These seasonal taps range from pumpkin ales, to coffee-infused brews and perfectly compliment the change in seasons. Though these fall flavors are only around for a limited time, tasting these brews seems like a wonderful way to create an office bonding experience or show out-of-town guests a unique side to the state. With about 50 craft breweries in Minnesota, it’s the perfect place to sample these seasonal beverages. Here are a few that offer private event spaces.
- Location: 945 Broadway St., NE Minneapolis
- The taproom has a seating capacity of 70 people and is open Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4-10p.m.; Fridays from 2:30-midnight; and Saturdays from noon-midnight.
- The brewery is available to rent for private events on any day it’s not open to the public. Space can be reserved during open hours, but is limited to a certain number of people.
- A food truck is onsite every day they are open and guests are welcome to bring in their own food.
- Tours are available on specific Saturdays at 11 a.m. No reservation is required and the cost is free with a canned food donation for the Little Kitchen Food Shelf.
- Location: 711 NE 15th Ave., Minneapolis
- The taproom can hold 70 individuals indoors and 45 outdoors and is available to rent on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- The taproom is open Thursday and Friday from 3-11 p.m. and Saturdays 12-11 p.m.
- Tours occur every Saturday from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and are limited to 40 guests. Online registration is required and the tour is free.
- Location: 3036 Minnehaha Ave., Minneapolis
- The taproom holds 75 people inside plus 30 people on the patio and is open Tuesdays and Wednesday from 4-11 p.m.; Thursdays and Fridays from 4-12 p.m.; and Saturdays from 1-8 p.m.
- Tours take place every Wednesday at 6 p.m. and Saturdays at 1 and 2 p.m. Limited to 20 people, the tours are free of charge.