These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to email@example.com.
Katie Neufeld was recently hired as general manager for The Hotel Landing in Wayzata, Minn.
1. What are you looking forward to the most in your new role at The Hotel Landing in downtown Wayzata?
I’m looking forward to being a part of something so exciting and new in this area. The Hotel Landing is going to be a beautiful property, with outstanding service. We are going to be involved in our guests’ life experiences, and that is a wonderful gift.
2. How do you think past experiences have prepared you for this role?
My years of hotel operations experience throughout the country have already proven to be critical. There are so many working parts in a hotel, and ensuring that each department is setup to successfully support each other is so important. We all have to work together to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
3. How did you get into the industry?
I worked in food service while I attended St. Norbert College in DePere, Wisc. We had an extensive catering department, and I was hooked.
4. What are you hoping to achieve in your new role?
To be part of changing the face for the future of Wayzata.
5. What do you enjoy most about the industry?
I enjoy that no two days are alike. Additionally, it’s truly the greatest privilege to be a part of our guests’ most important life experiences.