These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to email@example.com.
Kristin Cox was recently hired as sales association at Conference Chicago.
1. What are you most looking forward to as the new sales associate for Conference Chicago? I’m most looking forward to cultivating new relationships within the hospitality industry and learning more about sales techniques in the meeting industry.
2. How has your past industry experience prepared you for this role? With experience in hotels, restaurants, meetings and events I have a strong background in hospitality. Dealing with clients on a daily basis since my first job has allowed me to perfect my customer service skills.
3. How did you get into this industry? I got into this industry by searching through majors on my college’s website. After deciding senior year of high school I didn’t want to go into accounting, I scrambled to find a new major and thought hospitality was something of interest to me that I could excel at.
4. What are you hoping to achieve in your new role? I am hoping to grow my sales skills in order to grow my career in meeting and event sales. I’m also hoping that by growing my sales skills I can be a valuable asset to the Conference Chicago team and exceed sales goals each quarter.
5. What do you enjoy the most about Conference Chicago at the University Center? I enjoy the environment of this organization the most. It is a very team oriented environment that was easy to find my place in. Everyone has been so welcoming and I am excited for the future with this organization.