Kosevich’s Fall of ’75 features a garnish - ment you may not have seen, much less thought was possible: edible spray paint. Mixologists are getting more crafty these days, making a spectacle of their cocktails.
—.5 oz. lemon
—.5 oz. allspice syrup
—1 oz. Bombay Sapphire
—3 oz. sparkling wine
—1 eye drop Bittercube Blackstrap Bitters
—garnish: edible gold spray paint, safflower
1. Spray edible gold paint on the outside of the flute in a straight line.
2. Dust wet paint with safflower and shake off anything that didn’t stick.
3. Build cocktail in tin set and short shake.
4. Add sparkling wine Strain into painted flute.
5. Express lemon disc atop cocktail and discard.
Courtesy of NICK KOSEVICH, proprietor of Bittercube