A Minneapolis staple, Eat Street Social created this perfect holiday cocktail. The Jersey Lightning was popular during the Colonial Era; George Washington even requested the recipe for this buzzy drink. Festive and presidential? We’ll cheers to that.
—1 oz. Laird’s AppleJack
—.5 oz. Pierre Ferrand 1840 cognac
—.75 oz. Cocchi Americano
—.75 oz. Carpano Antica
—1/2 eyedropper cinnamon tincture
—1 eyedropper Bittercube Orange bitters
1. Combine all ingredients in a pint glass.
2. Add ice to the brim and stir the contents.
3. Taste to ensure the cocktail has been diluted and chilled to please your palette. Repeat if necessary.
4. Once ready, strain the drink off ice into a martini glass.
5. Cut a lemon disc and express the oils over the top.
6. Lay the disc to float.
7. Enjoy thoroughly!
RECIPE Courtesy of Eat Street Social // 612.767.6850